A lil frustrating

Its a hot afternoon, and the weatherman keeps threatening/promising that storms are on their way – and for the last few days there have been beautiful thick bulbous black clouds rolling in from the south, but apart from a brief mid-afternoon downpour on Saturday – which just further added to the humidity – and there was another on Monday evening; but other than that, we’ve yet to see very much come of it…

We’ve had a bit of frustrating weekend.
The ride-on has again thrown a tizz, and the blades aren’t rotating.
We think that maybe the fan belt has finally stretched out that bit too far, but being that its a long weekend, we can’t get another one until Tuesday, by which point we will be back at work, and the time that we had in which to get the mowing done in, will have passed.

Next plan was to do some more brush-cutting along the fence line, but in pulling apart the cutter to change the blades, a washer managed to ping off to some far-flung unfindable destination, amongst the grass – and despite lots of crawling round on the grass on hand and knee, and much raking with fingertips, it was destined to not be found…

About half an hour later, we managed to find a different washer – one of the ones we had bought to put around the insulation screws, and thankfully it fitted – so some brushcutting was able to be done – until the heat and humidity won out, and it became a case of down tools, or die of heat-stroke and dehydration.

We’ve cut down all the boxes we’ve been saving, and they’ve be been laid out where the ‘big’ vegie garden is going – down along the western fence line.
Its a great spot, because it gets a decent amount of sun, but come about 2pm, its gets only dabbled sun for the rest of the day – so the veggies will be getting plenty enough sun for growing, but will get some respite when they’ve just about had enough for the day; and will also get much less heat-stress during their prime growing and fruiting surges.
The ground also also won’t dry out as fast, which reduces how often they’ll require watering – but they’ll be well mulched – so that helps a lot too.

We got a big clean up done inside the shed too, and it’s looking more and more ‘homely’ (in a good way!) each time we get in and do a clear out.
We’ve also managed to rustle up another batch of ‘Strigidae Salsa‘, from a lovely bucketful of glut tomatoes that we were given!

All four sides of the new little 3m x 3m workshop/storage shed have now been put together, and it will hopefully just be a matter of getting it all standing up, so we can bolt it all together.

Needless to say, we’ll be back out and into it again come the weekend, but until then we just have to suck it up, and get back to our paid jobs…

Time to clean off the slab, so the shed has a foundation to sit on, once its erected.

Time to clean off the slab, so the shed has a foundation to sit on, once its erected.

 

Bits and pieces of what will soon be a 3m x 3m workshop/storage shed.

Bits and pieces of what will soon be a 3m x 3m workshop/storage shed.

 

Suzey put some of the smaller shed panels together, under the watchful eye of Sir Digby.

Suzey put some of the smaller shed panels together, under the watchful eye of Sir Digby.

 

Yummy tomatoes, ready to be made into salsa.

Yummy tomatoes, ready to be made into salsa.

 

Its slowly becoming more 'homely', and we're more able to get a sense for how we're wanting it to shape up, as we go.

Its slowly becoming more ‘homely’, and we’re more able to get a sense for how we’re wanting it to shape up, as we go.

 

.

 

 

We'd love to hear from you!

%d bloggers like this: